Hi,

I'm not sure why this doesn't work, but for the performance, It might
also not be a good idea to have the domains folder and the spool folder
in different locations. I do think XMail does "move" files between those
folders, which isn't the same as copying a file and then deleting the
original  file. If both folders are on the same partition, moving a file
doesn't require actually copying its contents, it simply is linked to a
different location. If you're moving a file from one partition to an
other, this however does result in making a copy and then deleting the
original. So if most mails on your mailserver end up in a mailbox, then
it would be better to have spool and domains folder on the same partition.

In the light of this: I would be interested to know when XMail "moves"
files and when it makes a copy. I have for example read that setting the
temp-folder in memory would be a good thing to do. But if files are
"moved" in and out of the temp folder instead of being copied there,
this might not be such a good idea. Does anybody have an insight on this?

Sincerely,
Bart Mortelmans