Thanks, Lawrence.

That was mentioned before and since I've been trying with -jdev /dev/js.
However, to be honest, I don't fully understand how /dev/js resolves to all
the gamepads.  If you don't mind, I'd like to have the list give a quick
glance at my setup, and confirm it looks normal:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] roms]$ ls -l /dev/js*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 9 Feb 11 17:53 /dev/js -> input/js0
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 9 Feb 11 17:53 /dev/js1 -> input/js1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] roms]$ ls -l /dev/input/js*
crw-------  1 flindet root 13, 0 Feb 11 17:53 /dev/input/js0
crw-------  1 flindet root 13, 1 Feb 11 17:53 /dev/input/js1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] roms]$

Again, there are two usb gamepads connected.  Should /dev/js be pointing to
something besides input/js0?  Should /dev/js instead be pointing to both
input/js0 and input/js1 somehow?

I'm sorry to be so naive.  Somehow I'm overlooking this with Google.  Thanks
for clarification.