On 02/10/11 11:14 AM, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:39:54AM -0800, Corbin Simpson wrote:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Luc Verhaegen<l...@skynet.be>  wrote:
So it is better to leave this current situation as is, and have a major
part of the infrastructure that X.org and others depend on what i
honestly cannot describe as "a organization"?

Well, after the outage a few years ago, we jokingly talked about
moving fd.o's stuff down to Corvallis, OR, where the Open Source Lab
could keep a closer eye on the machines. The ultimate reason for not
going down that route was that Portland was a better place as far as
having people who were actually involved with FreeDesktop nearby in
case of emergency.

This is starting to sound like the kind of thing that should
definitely involve the rest of the fd.o members. If you have serious
concerns about the quality of hosting that fd.o's property is
receiving, then not just X.org, but all fd.o members need to be in
this discussion.

~ C.

Isn't libreoffice using fd.o?

They at least use wiki space there, though I think their main website
is elsewhere now.   But you're right, that's another excellent argument
why fd.o is *not* just X.Org, and we can't dictate to them and you need
to go talk to them, not us.   Of course, we told you this two months ago,
and gave you the mailing list to contact then.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com