On 21 Dec 2001, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 16:09, Nate Pearlstein wrote:
>
> > 1. DPMS doesn't work.  I looked in the source and it seems that DPMS
> > only gets turned on if connected to a CRT.  Why shouldn't this work for
> > a flatpanel?
>
> Why should it? ;) I think DPMS was conceived for CRTs so I wouldn't
> expect it to apply to flat panels naturally.

I had notice the same thing int he ATI driver. On my laptop, Windows can
completely shutdown the LCD screen, but under X, it doesn't. It seems
perfectly reasonable for DPMS to also apply to LCDs, though the actual
energy savings might be less.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team