On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Christian Berger wrote:

>>     Netscape is much faster than Mozilla.  I think it's just that some
>> design decisions in the X version of Mozilla, which is probably much
>> different than the Window's version, are suboptimal.  Having seen enough
>
>Well I doubt Mozilla for Windows is faster than Mozilla for Linux.

You've not tried it then.  Mozilla for Windows running on my box
on one processor runs faster than Mozilla in Linux running on
both processors.  (Win98SE).  Application startup time is faster
for Mozilla in Windows, as is runtime execution.  Not measured or
benchmarked mind you.  It is visibly noticeable.

If it were faster in Linux, I certainly wouldn't say it was
faster in Windows.

>Mozilla (GNU-Version) is still a bit slower than Netscape
>Navigator 4.x, but that's an application problem, not a graphics
>problem.

Indeed.  And in fairness to the Mozilla developers whom are doing
a fantastic job of developing the browser, every version of
Mozilla for Linux that I've upgraded to has been noticeably
faster and less buggy.  I've been using Mozilla as my primary
browser now for almost 2 years if not longer.  It has come a long
way in a short time IMHO.  I'm confident that the performance
issues that remain, will get resolved all in due time.

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,