On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 07:05:49PM +0000, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> > That is a success;
> >  /root/XF86Config.new should have some info about the monitor.
>
> Some, but not much.
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         #DisplaySize      330   270     # mm
>         Identifier   "Monitor0"
>         VendorName   "AY_"
>         ModelName    "2fd"
>         Option      "DPMS"
> EndSection

So DDCvbe works on your system.
In mga_driver.c you could change the call to MGAdoDDC into a call
to MGAProbeDDC (it may be a little more complicated than that).

What do you actually want to do with DDC info ?
I think it makes more sense to use DDC at config time (and interactive
reconfig) than start time, otherwise server state will change
if the server is started up with the screen turned off.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna