Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >   "Catherine Luedecker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >   > Not sure what horizontal line you speak of but I can help with
> >   > the background image part
> >   its the line just below "Welcome to $HOST". its not that annoying
> >   actually, i think i woudl probably turn it back on again if i seen
> >   xdm without it...
> have a look in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xresources or
> /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources -- I think you may want to adjust
> xlogin*innerFrameWidth or something.  these are standard Athena Widget
> resources, but I've forgotten how they work.  experiment and report
> back to the list.

i have quite a beautiful xdm setup now... i have a background image and
i set all the colours of the xdm widgets to blend into the background
image... so it looks like there are no widgets...

to remove the lines, i set

xlogin*borderWidth: 0
xlogin*frameWidth: 0
xlogin*innerFramesWidth: 0
xlogin*shdColor: #3398cc
xlogin*hiColor: #3398cc
xlogin*background: #3398cc
xlogin*foreground: black
xlogin*greetColor: black
xlogin*failColor: red
*Foreground: black
*Background: #fffff0

where #3398cc is the colour which makes everything look transparent in
context to my background image... also i had to fiddle with the standard
XFree86 logo in order to remove some stray white pixels from the rim...
i turned the logo off in the end anyway, but if anyone wants the touched
up logo, let me know.

cheers,
Sam
--
Weiner's Law of Libraries:
There are no answers, only cross references.