Hi Jeroen and all ...

The current Lexus distribution already supports an alternative XPath
implementation. As written in my previous mail we developed a common
interface (factory pattern) that uses Xalan as default but not as the
only possible XPath implementation. Simply implement the interfaces
under org.infozone.tools.xml.queries.XPath and related and set the
necessary property to select your "own" XPath implementation. This
is exactly the same usage known from JAXP complient XML parsers.
That´s all....

See org/infozone/lexus/commands/CommandObject.java:
    _xpath = XPathQueryFactory.newInstance( ).newXPathQuery( );

If newXPathQuery() is beeing able to load your XPath implementation
through the correctly set property you can switch to whatever XPath
implementation you would like to use.