In Blogger it will look like this:
<a
href="http://del.icio.us/post?url=<$BlogItemUrl$>&title=<$BlogItemTitle$>">del.icio.us
this</a>

It should go somewhere in the post-footer section of the template.

Brian

--- Joshua Schachter <[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Basically, the
blog template controls the layout of the page, everything
> that's not in
the post itself. I'm not really familiar with Blogger or
> Wordpress so
I was only able to supply details for TypePad/MoveableType.

> The URL
should be linked to by the stuff in the MTEntryBlahBlah etc
> somewhere
in your template. Give a look at the blog.del.icio.us page for
> an example
of it in action.

> -j
>
> --
> joshua schachter
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> http://del.icio.us
>
> On Tue, 24 May 2005, Jeffrey C.Long wrote:
>

> > Thanks Josh.
> >
> > I've poured over this and unfortunately am struggling
to understand it.

> > You state two steps.  I understand the second
one but not the first.  Where
> > does that URL go?
> >
> > I tried to
paste the second step into an html post and this is what I got.

The URL field in del.icio.us appears filled with <$MTEntryPermalink$>

And the description field appears filled with <$MTEntryTitle encode_url=

> > I'm not an HTML code warrior, so I'm learning this as I go along.

> > Wait.  Does the way you did this require that it be in my template?
 Instead
> > of in an individual post?
> >
> > If that's the case, I understand
a little better.

> > But I still don't know where to put the URL
>
> http://del.icio.us/post?url=THEURL&title=THETITLE
> >
> > Thanks for your
patience

at 11:38 AM, Joshua Schachter wrote:

> >> Use your blog templates.
I explain how to do this for MoveableType/TypePad

http://blog.del.icio.us/blog/2005/05/bookmark_this.html

> >> -j
>

> >> --
> >> joshua schachter
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> http://del.icio.us

of mine has started adding an html link to her blog entries that
readers to bookmark the post to their del.icio.us.  The code is
long and requires hand-coding the title of the blog and URL.
any way of doing this more automagically?