realistically, the current behavior of the inbox is not really what we would term an "inbox." it is much more of an aggregator or subscription service.

i've been thinking a lot about how to change the inbox to make it make some actual sense, including renaming it ("subs"? i dunno.)

another significant issue is that the inbox tag subs far outweigh the user subs; this seems broken to me. i frequently consider making subs restructed to users and for: or whatever.

currently, the inbox is implemented much like the tags themselves, just a separate set of tags in parallel. however, global tag subs usually cause a thousand times more entries to be created than otherwise, so the inbox actually can't go back that many entries (they get deleted after 1000 or so items are in the inbox.)

perhaps for: and so the other things that will work like it should work like the inbox does currently, rather than a normal tag? i'm not sure.

Joshua