Thanks for all your answers...I suspect that an easier solution 'for the masses' will be forthcoming eventually. I hope. Josh?

Cheers

Al

On 9/13/05, manuel 'fmf' ferrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
sheila miguez, on 13/09/2005 13.55:
> On 9/13/05, City Hippy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>I imagine this has been suggested in the past but just in case...I reckon
>>there is a wealth of answers to questions I have on the discussion list..but
>>I cannot figure out how to search it.
>>
>> Searchable discussion list?
>
> downloading everything and using grep is inconvenient and not
> relatively easy for everyone.
> <http://lists.del.icio.us/pipermail/discuss/>

If you use thunderbird (or some other mua who let you do some similar)
you can use with this workaround:
close tb;
make a new folder called delicious, in your profile
(http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit.html#profile ), now you
have a new directory called delicious there;
Download everything from list archives, concatenate all files in one big
file, and put the big one into the new directory in your profile;
open tb and you have all the old mails in delicious folder;
search in that folder with inline search or use something like google
desktop to search through your local files.
HTH HADN
--
manuel 'fmf' ferrero | http://www.servidellagleba.it/~manuel/blog/
"This tagline invisible to all whose I.Q. exceeds mine."