On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 10:50:11AM -0500, Ericka Menchen Trevino wrote:
> What I'm trying to say here is that it's puzzling, not that I'm
> unhappy with del or yahoo or anyone else. Are we customers now that
> del is yahoo owned? It's easiest to say we're "users" or
> "contributors" but what does that really mean in terms of how
> delicious relates to us?
>
> Also, it's relevant to know what was bought when yahoo bought
> delicious? Was it just the technology, the "community," the actual
> data in the database? I'm sure it was some combination, but probably
> one was more important. It will eventually be evident from their
> actions I suppose.

While I agree these are interesting and poignant questions, and without
wishing to sound ungrateful for what is an excellent service, I'm keen
to hear from Joshua on the limited and simpler issue of whether limiting
the number of characters the user can enter in the notes field is on the
to do list.

The silent truncation of these entries is a problem (for me, at least),
and was first discussed in 2004:

  http://lists.del.icio.us/pipermail/discuss/2004-August/000722.html
  http://lists.del.icio.us/pipermail/discuss/2004-November/001391.html

-- Mike