Chris Lott wrote:
> I agree that I don't want to see del go the route of having too many
> fields to fill in. Even when they are optional they have a stifling
> kind of effect.

If they are hidden unless you choose to see them, how are they going to
stifle anything?  Most computer users stick with application defaults,
so they'll never even be aware of the optional fields.  Thus they won't
feel "stifled" or scared off.  Users sophisticated enough to dig into
preferences will understand that optional does mean optional.  They
won't be "stifled" or scared off by them either.

Tim
--
Tim Larson
West Corporation, Interactive TeleServices