  _____

        From: ydn-delicious@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Geoff Froh
        Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:14 AM
        To: ydn-delicious@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [ydn-delicious] Re: is del.icio.us a social news
service?

        > While I'm not as crazy about Digg and others like I am about
        > del.icio.us(because of its simplicity and usefulness), I still
think
        > we need to enhance
        > the social part of del.icio.us. Right now it's hard to find
(read: takes
        > too
        > much time) distinguished bookmarkers. Some friends also didn't
find *me*
        > until I told them the username.

        I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "distinguished" -- is it,
"most
        bookmarks"? "Most active"? "Largest tag distribution"? IMHO, all
of those
        metrics are potentially problematic in the same way that you
can't
        necessarily judge the *quality* of a story on digg by
popularity.

        My vote (if I get one) is to keep it simple -- so far that's
been the reason
        I prefer del to the other bookmarking tools.

        geoff
        seattle, usa

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: