As far as I'm aware, Delicious's plus operator doesn't simply add tag
groups of URLs together, it produces the union of the tag identified
groups. The union of any number of tag groups can be displayed but
only the most popular of one. Hence, combining two popular tag RSS
feeds from delicious wouldn't yield interesting results, because the
distribution of URLs popular in group A and popular in group B rarely
coincide, whereas it is these coincident URLs which I would like to
have a feed for.

Are there any plans to add services which return the popular union of
more than one tag?