Before things get too far out of control, I want to clarify some facts about how Time Machine and Yojimbo.

Yojimbo is built on CoreData, the same underlying technology as Aperture, and several other products. Because of issues related to how Time Machine and CoreData manage files on disk, Apple recommends excluding Aperture data from Time Machine backups, and managing Aperture backups independently:

For the moment, we are recommending the same thing.

Steve