Coming to think of it, there would be a way to back up Yojimbo with Time Machine: you just need to create a "sparse bundle disk image" with Disk Utility, put your Yj DB on that and make the Yojimbo folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ an alias to the mountpoint of the image in /Volumes. Finally, write a little Automator script to mount the image, e.g. at startup, and start Yojimbo through the script after mounting the image. Time Machine can back up the Yj DB in pieces of 8 MB, because you chose "sparse bundle disk image"!.

Basically, it is much the same as you might have already for Mail - e.g., I use an encrypted sparse bundle disk image for my mail folder, which I mount before starting mail, requesting the password and then starting Mail - and a nice way to safely store your e-mail, too.

-Florian