On 4-Apr-08, at 3:02 PM, Rich Siegel wrote:

I suggest BareBones consider moving their data store out of the sqlite
database and store Yojimbo entries onto the file system.  The time
machine backups are getting rather large when the whole database is
backed up.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Yojimbo uses Core Data, which is a subsystem supplied by the OS for precisely the sort of data storage needs that Yojimbo has. The fact that Core Data uses sqlite is an implementation detail and is, by design, abstracted away from Core Data clients.

Since Core Data is a fundamental part of the OS, we leave it to Apple to make sure that it plays nicely with other relevant OS components. Since Time Machine is brand new and there are still lots of angles to figure out, I have every confidence that in the long term, Time Machine will evolve as necessary to accommodate the needs of Core Data clients.

From and uses perspective, Yojimbo is clearly missing the need for integration with state of the art backup available in Leopard - files that are changed are backed up. I am really not interested in whether you built Yobjimbo with CoreData and XML and C# and some thread pools or whatever. Leopard has been out a long time.

Doug

R.
--
Rich Siegel                                 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http:// www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.