Thank you very much. But I wish Yojimbo to have all this scripts built in by default in the next release.

On 2008-04-18, at 23:41, Rhet Turnbull wrote:

1. Put it in /Users/your_user_name/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail

If that folder doesn't exist, then create it.

2. To access the script in Mail, you need to set the Scripts menu to be visible in the menubar.
Run /Applications/AppleScript/AppleScript Utility.app
Select the setting "Show Scripts Menu in menu bar"

Now in Mail, select the scripts menu icon from the menu bar and select your Mail to Yojimbo script.

I believe that if you do step 2 first then while in Mail, select "Open Scripts Folder | Open Mail Scripts Folder" it will create the folder for you if it doesn't exist.

These instructions are for Tiger and assume that you have a script you want to run manually while in Mail.app. Not sure if Applescript Utility is the same in Leopard.

I have two scripts I run in Mail.app: one sends a selected email to Yojimbo. The other runs as a rule action so that any email with "yj:" on the subject line gets sent to Yojimbo automatically. In the second case, it doesn't matter where you put the script. You create the rule using Mail | Preferences | Rules. Set the action to "Run Applescript" then select the script.

Also, you might want to look at FastScripts (http://www.red-sweater.com/fastscripts/ ) which lets you assign keyboard shortcuts to scripts. That's how I use my "Archive email to Yojimbo" script. If you use FastScripts, you don't need to step 2 above.

Cheers,
Rhet