Hi Armin,

I experienced sound issues on an old toshiba te2100. I provided you
the output for ossinfo -v from that box.

At an installfest I installed a yoper 3.1 snapshot on an Asus A8H
notebook. Was a near catastrophe :/ .
- Touchpad did not work ( I think I got that covered now ) .
- The proprietary broadcom chip is hard to get working and well,
-  the sound via oss sounded like the speakers were broken and about to die.

I am aware that we have indeed very limited options to improve the
situation around OSS . I'd just like to explore that a bit more and
see what can be done. It is indeed your call in the end ;) . If
there's anything we can do just get us doing it.

cheers

--
Tobias Gerschner
Yoper Linux - www.yoper.com

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.