>> One of the problems we currently are facing is community. Piwi has
>> only a small community, users know each one face to face. There are
>> many strong frameworks out there, like the Zend MVC. This might be a
>> problem Zeta Components is facing too.
>>
> The AZC community is quite small as well ;)

Yes, it is sad

>> With moving Piwi Framework to the ASF and making it a main consumer
>> and contributor to Zeta Components both projects might benefit.
>>
> I agree.
>
>> Anyway, to make this happen we need help. We are only two guys and
>> therefore we are looking for other Apache Committers who are
>> interested in stepping up as initial committers, mentors, champion.
>>
> I believe only PMCs can help you with your incubation process. Am I wrong ?

The incubation process it self needs

- Mentors: people on the incubator pmc
- Champion: an asf member or an ipmc member
- Initial Committers: everybody interested, including you!!!! :-)

I think, if there are a few interested people who want to commit and
move piwi to the zeta direction, there will be mentors. At least I can
mentor myself.

But it seems, there is less interest. Don't know whats wrong, but it
seems the PHP world is overloaded with frameworks. It seems, even a
high quality framework as Zeta does suffer from this fact. I mean,
this project is not very active at all.

Cheers and thanks for your response!
Christian

--