On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Derick Rethans <der...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, André Rømcke wrote:
>
> > but don't we need to setup a light organization / project governance
> around
> > this, some people that have a stake in the project and can oversee the
> > github account[, merging pull requests], github webpages, travis setup
> and
> > potentially also do some release management.
>
> What do you suggest that governance should do?

Quality control ! If someone has a lib that matches the components coding
standards and license, i say let it be an official component.

We've seen **many** components made by non core developers that were great
and never got into the components project, although they were totally worth
it (well designed, 100% documented, 100% tested, etc, etc). If the
components project did accept them then it would not have died like this.

All this plan would need is a standard for deployment that encourages
forking and rolling releases.

The strength of the components is actually the talented people that are or
were behind it. Their experience and altruism. The code itself is just a
demonstration of how to do a library right.

Just my 2cent