Mark Shellenbaum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Yes we do need something like this.
> >
> > This is already covered by the following CRs 6280676, 6421209.
>
> These RFE's are currently being investigated.   The basic idea is that
> an adminstrator will be allowed to grant specific users/groups to
> perform various zfs adminstrative tasks, such as create, destroy, clone,
> changing properties and so on.
>
> After the zfs team is in agreement as to what the interfaces should be,
> I will forward it to zfs-discuss for further feedback.

In addition to this, what I think will become necessary is a way to perform
this sort of end-user zfs administration securely over the network (maybe
with an RPC service secured with RPCSEC_GSS?): I don't want to grant every
single student login to the fileservers to admin their zfs filesystems ;-(

        Rainer