On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:18:33AM +0100, Darren J Moffat wrote:

> This implies that the differences on disk are sufficient that the zpool
> upgrade stuff wouldn't cut it. Right ?  That is there was no way to turn
> an existing raidz1 into a raidz2.

Yes, that is correct.

> Is there a new version for this or is that not needed since it is at the
> vdev layer ?

It is a new version, since 'nparity' is stored as part of the label, and
we must prevent old versions from trying to naively open it as a normal
"raidz" vdev.

> Just curious (mainly because I'm currently using version "3" for
> zfs-crypto :-)).

This week we'll putback version 3, which will include double parity
RAID-Z, hot spares, and improved RAID-Z accounting.

> I assume the on disk format document will be updated too.

Yes.

- Eric

--
Eric Schrock, Solaris Kernel Development       http://blogs.sun.com/eschrock