Most controllers support a background-scrub that will read a volume and repair any bad stripes. This addresses the bad block issue in most cases.

It still doesn't help when a double-failure occurs. Luckily, that's very rare. Usually, in that case, you need to evacuate the volume and try to restore what was damaged.