On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:23:21PM -0700, Andrew wrote:
> Do an automatic pool snapshot (using the recursive atomic snapshot
> feature that Matt Ahrens implemented recently, taking time
> proportional to the number of filesystems in the pool) upon every txg
> commit.

This is a good idea, one that we've had in the back of our minds for a
long time, but apparently never put into a bug report.  I've filed RFE
6453726 "want snapshot every txg".

As a workaround, you could write a script to simply take a snapshot
every N seconds.  It could clean out snapshots that are not different
from their neighbors (although this may be difficult to determine with
100% reliability), and old snapshots that are using too much space.

--matt