Jochen,

On 8/8/06 10:47 AM, "Jochen M. Kaiser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I really appreciate such information, could you please give us some additional
> insight regarding your statement, that "[you] tried to drive ZFS to its limit,
> [...]
> found that the results were less consistent or predictable".
> Especially when taking a closer look at the upcoming rdbms+thumper bundles,
> "erratic behavior" of the system would not be a thing I'd appreciate in a
> production environment.

Adrian's tests were done on code prior to fixing the I/O scheduler and
prefetch logic.  We at Greenplum worked with the ZFS team extensively to
locate the problems and establish predictable behavior from ZFS prior to the
release of the DBMS + Thumper system.

The fixes are apparently due sometime soon as part of the nv_45 release on
Solaris Express, and will be part of Sol10 U3.

- Luke