Robert Milkowski wrote:

ps. however I'm really concerned with ZFS behavior when a pool is
almost full, there're lot of write transactions to that pool and
server is restarted forcibly or panics. I observed that file systems
on that pool will mount in 10-30 minutes each during zfs mount -a, and
one CPU is completely consumed. It's during system start-up so basically
whole system boots waits for it. It means additional 1 hour downtime.
This is something really unexpected for me and unfortunately no one
was really interested in my report - I know people are busy. But still
if it hits other users when zfs pools will be already populated people
won't be happy. For more details see my post here with subject: "zfs
mount stuck in zil_replay".

That problem must have fallen through the cracks. Yes we are busy, but
we really do care about your experiences and bugs. I have just raised
a bug to cover this issue:

6460107 Extremely slow mounts after panic - searching space maps during replay

Thanks for reporting this and helping make ZFS better.

Neil