IHAC who is using a very similar test (cp -pr /zpool1/Studio11
/zpool1/Studio11.copy) and is seeing behaviour similar to what we've seen
described here; BUT since he's using a single-CPU box (SunBlade 1500) and has a
single disk in his pool, every time the CPU goes into "100%-mode", interactive
usability is reduced to zero for 1-2 seconds. This is of course undesirable.

+ Do we have any bug IDs or RFEs addressing this?
+ Is there any tuning the customer can try (he's willing to do anything with
the machine, apart from donating it to me :-)? (we've already tried "echo
txg_time/W1 | mdb -kw", with no improvement - on the contrary, machine returned
to "usable" state hardly at all).
+ has customer (and I) missed a constraint about when/where to deploy zfs?

thx
Michael