Frank Cusack wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~]# zfs send -i export/zone/www/[EMAIL PROTECTED] export/zone/www/[EMAIL PROTECTED] | ssh cookies zfs recv export/zone/www/html
cannot receive: destination has been modified since most recent snapshot --
use 'zfs rollback' to discard changes

I was going to try deleting all snaps and start over with a new snap but I
thought someone might be interested in figuring out what's going on here.

That should not be necessary!

I assume that you already followed the suggestion of doing 'zfs rollback', and you got the same message after trying the incremental recv again. If not, try that first.

There are a couple of things that could cause this. One is that some process is inadvertently modifying the destination (eg. by reading something, causing the atime to be updated). You can get around this by making the destination fs readonly=on.

Another possibility is that you're hitting 6343779 "ZPL's delete queue causes 'zfs restore' to fail".

In either case, you can fix the problem by using "zfs recv -F" which will do the rollback for you and make sure nothing happens between the rollback and the recv. You need to be running build 48 or later to use 'zfs recv -F'.

If you can't run build 48 or later, then you can workaround the problem by not mounting the filesystem in between the 'rollback' and the 'recv':

cookies# zfs set mountpoint=none export/zone/www/html
cookies# zfs rollback export/zone/www/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
milk# zfs send -i @4 export/zone/www/[EMAIL PROTECTED] | ssh cookies zfs recv export/zone/www/html

Let me know if one of those options works for you.

--matt