Here is the ouput of your DTrace script:

# dtrace -n ldi_get_size:return'{trace(arg1)}'
dtrace: description 'ldi_get_size:return' matched 1 probe
CPU     ID                    FUNCTION:NAME
  1  24930              ldi_get_size:return                -1

With the command:
# zpool  create tank /dev/dsk/vpath1c
warning: device in use checking failed: No such device
internal error: unexpected error 22 at line 446 of ../common/libzfs_pool.c