Erblichs wrote:
        Now the stupid question..
        If the snapshot is identical to the FS, I can't
        remove files from the FS because of the snapshot
        and removing files from the snapshot only removes
        a reference to the file and leaves the memory.

        So, how do I do a atomic file removes on both the
        original and the snapshot(s). Yes, I am assuming that
        I have backed up the file offline.

        Can I request a possible RFE to be able to force a
        file remove from the original FS and if found elsewhere
        remove that location too IFF a ENOSPC would fail the
        original rm?

No, you can not remove files from snapshots. Snapshots can not be changed. If you are out of space because of snapshots, you can always 'zfs destroy' the snapshot :-)

--matt