Hi,

        How much time is a "long time"?

        Second, had a snapshot been taken after the file
        was created?

        Are the src and dst directories in the
         same slice?

        What other work was being done at the time of
         the move?

        Were their numerous files in the src or dst
         directories?

        How much phys mem is in your system?

        Does a equivelent move take a drasticly shorter
         amount of time if done right after a reboot?

        Mitchell Erblich