i think that this fix may be being backported as part of the
brandz project backport, but i don't think anyone is backporting it
outside of that.  you might want to add a new call record and open
a subCR if you need this to be backported.

the workaround is just what you've already discovered.
delete any old nodes before booting the zone.

ed