I know this isn't necessarily ZFS specific, but after I reboot I spin the
drives back
up, but nothing I do (devfsadm, disks, etc) can get them seen again until the
next reboot.

I've got some older scsi drives in an old Andataco Gigaraid enclosure which
I thought supported hot-swap, but I seem unable to hot swap them in. The PC
has an adaptec 39160 card in it and I'm running Nevada b51. Is this not a
setup that can support hot swap? Or is there something I have to do other
than devfsadm to get the scsi bus rescanned?