On 1-Dec-06, at 6:29 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

On Dec 1, 2006, at 9:50 AM, Al Hopper wrote:

Followup: When you say you "fixed the HW", I'm curious as to what you
found and if this experience with ZFS convinced you that your trusted RAID
H/W did, in fact, have issues?

Do you think that it's likely that there are others running production systems on RAID systems that they trust, but don't realize may have bugs
(causing data corruption) that have yet to be discovered?

And this is different from any other storage system, how? (ie, JBOD controllers and disks can also have subtle bugs that corrupt data)

I think Al probably means, "running production systems on [any trusted storage system where errors can remain undetected]" (contrasted with ZFS).

--Toby

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC