> Were looking for pure performance.
>
> What will be contained in the LUNS is Student User
> account files that they will access and Department
> Share files like, MS word documents, excel files,
> PDF.  There will be no applications on the ZFS
> Storage pools or pool   Does this help on what
> strategy might be best?

I think so.

I would suggest striping a single pool across all available LUNs, then. (I'm
presuming that you would be prepared to recover from ZFS-detected errors by
reloading from backup.) There doesn't seem any compelling reason to split your
storage into multiple pools, and by using a single pool, you don't have to
worry about reallocating storage if one pool fills up while another has free
space.