Hi,

I guess we are acquainted with the ZFS Wikipedia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS

Customers refer to it, I wonder where the Wiki gets its numbers. For example there's a Sun marketing slide that says "unlimited snapshots" contradicted by the the first bullet:

2^48 — Number of snapshots in any file system (2 × 10^14)

Is this correct?

I want to make a mirrored pool but after creation detach one side of the mirror and run like this indefinitely. Can I do this? I have yet to try it out, just wondering if someone knows the answer right off the bat.

Why can't I have a vdev of type concat? A customer says he has hardware RAID-0 and does not want to stripe over stripe. Are there known problems with stripes on stripes, unintentional hotspots maybe?

Data checksum is used only to detect bad data, and not to recover data, correct? Just verifying.

Can I use ZFS specifically with PowerPath? I remember George W. mentioning that PowerPath tries to do something clever and it interfered with ZFS but I can't remember the specifics.

Will I be able to I tune the DMU "flush" rate, now set at 5 seconds?

CT