Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 16:19 -0800, Matthew Ahrens wrote:
Darren J Moffat wrote:
I believe that ZFS should provide a method of bleaching a disk or part of it that works without crypto having ever been involved.
I see two use cases here:

I agree with your two, but I think I see a third use case in Darren's
example: bleaching disks as they are removed from a pool.

That sounds plausible too. (And you could implement it as 'zfs destroy -r pool; zpool bleach pool'

We may need a second dimension controlling *how* to bleach..

--matt