Hi Robert,

I see. So it really doesn't get around the idea of putting DB files
and logs on separate spindles?

Best Regards,
Jason

On 1/17/07, Robert Milkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Jason,

JJWW> Hi Anantha,

JJWW> I was curious why segregating at the FS level would provide adequate
JJWW> I/O isolation? Since all FS are on the same pool, I assumed flogging a
JJWW> FS would flog the pool and negatively affect all the other FS on that
JJWW> pool?

because of the bug which forces all outstanding writes in a file
system to commit to storage in case of one fsync to one file.
Now when you separate data to different file systems the bug will
affect only data in that file system which could greatly reduce imapct
on performance if it's done right.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]