This month's FROSUG (Front Range OpenSolaris User Group) meeting is on
Thursday, February 22, 2007.  Our presentation is "ZFS as a Root File
System" by Lori Alt. In addition, Jon Bowman will be giving an OpenSolaris
Update, and we will also be doing an InstallFest. So, if you want help
installing an OpenSolaris distribution, backup your laptop and bring it
to the meeting!

About the presentation(s):
One of the next steps in the evolution of ZFS is to enable
its use as a root file system.  This presentation will focus
on how booting from ZFS will work, how installation
will be affected by ZFS's feature set, and the many advantages
that will result from being able to use ZFS as a root file system.

The presentation(s)s will be posted here prior to the meeting:
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/os_user_groups/frosug/

About our presenter(s):
Lori Alt is a Staff Engineer at Sun Microsystems, where
she has worked since 1991.  Lori worked on Solaris install
and upgrade and then on UFS, where she led the multi-terabyte
UFS project.  She has Bachelor's and Master's degrees in
computer science from Washington University in St. Louis, MO.

-----

Meeting Details:

When: Thursday, February 22, 2007
Times: 6:00pm - 6:30pm Doors open and Pizza
       6:30pm - 6:45pm OpenSolaris Update (Jon Bowman)
       6:45pm - 8:30pm ZFS as a Root File System (Lori Alt)
Where: Sun Broomfield Campus
       Building 1 - Conference Center
       500 Eldorado Blvd.
       Broomfield, CO 80021

Note:  The location of this meeting may change. We will send out an
       additional email prior to the meeting if this happens.

Pizza and soft drinks will be served at the beginning of the meeting.
Please RSVP to frosug-rsvp(AT)opensolaris(DOT)org in order to help us
plan for food and setup access to the Sun campus.

We hope to see you there!
Thanks,
FROSUG

+++

Future Meeting Plans:
March 29, 2007: Doug McCallum presents "sharemgr"