> On February 26, 2007 9:05:21 AM -0800 Jeff Davis
> But you have to be aware that logically sequential
> reads do not
> necessarily translate into physically sequential
> reads with zfs.  zfs

I understand that the COW design can fragment files. I'm still trying to
understand how that would affect a database. It seems like that may be bad for
performance on single disks due to the seeking, but I would expect that to be
less significant when you have many spindles. I've read the following blogs
regarding the topic, but didn't find a lot of details:

http://blogs.sun.com/bonwick/entry/zfs_block_allocation
http://blogs.sun.com/realneel/entry/zfs_and_databases