On 3/9/07, Victor Hooi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've already set aclinherit=passthrough, and used "chmod -R 1777 /datastore",
but any new filesystems in datastore I create are not writeable by everyone. Basically,
it's a public share, but I want to prevent people from deleting/renaming other people's
files.

I assume that new filesystems are being created on the Solaris side
using "zfs create".  You will likely need to do a chmod immediately
after that.  I  suspect that you really mean "any new directories are
not writable by everyone."  That is a different problem.

What would be the ACL syntax I should use? (Or a better way of doing this).

If it is only samba access, you should probably look at using these
parameters in smb.conf:

force create mode
force directory mode
force directory security mode
security mask

While I haven't tested this scenario, I would expect that you would be
able to use the parameters above to achieve what you are trying to do
regardless of which UNIXy file system is being used.

Mike

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/