Hello Robert,

Thursday, March 29, 2007, 12:37:28 AM, you wrote:

RM> Hello Robert,

RM> Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 10:36:15 AM, you wrote:

RM>> Hello Robert,

RM>> Saturday, March 17, 2007, 6:49:05 PM, you wrote:

Talking

RM>>> I have an opened CR for months now about the same problem - lot of
RM>>> CKSUM errors all seem to be only meta-data related which is highly
RM>>> unlikely.

RM>> We've reinstalled servers to U3 and SC3.2 and for last few days no
RM>> single CKSUM error (the same pools were imported) - so maybe something
RM>> wrong was with U2.

RM> One of those server has reported again some CKSUM errors in the same way so
it
RM> looks like only metadata were involved. So the problem is still there
RM> but on U3 to much less extent.

bash-3.00# uname -a
SunOS XXXXX 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240
bash-3.00#

[...]

  pool: nfs-s5-s6
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME                                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        nfs-s5-s6                                ONLINE       0     0     7
          c4t600C0FF00000000009258F4855B59001d0  ONLINE       0     0     7

errors: No known data errors

  pool: nfs-s5-s7
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME                                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        nfs-s5-s7                                ONLINE       0     0     6
          c4t600C0FF00000000009258F28706F5201d0  ONLINE       0     0     6

errors: No known data errors

  pool: nfs-s5-s8
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME                                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        nfs-s5-s8                                ONLINE       0     0    10
          c4t600C0FF00000000009258F3E4C4C5601d0  ONLINE       0     0    10

errors: No known data errors
bash-3.00#

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]