It's not defined by POSIX (or Solaris). You can rely on being able to
atomically write a single disk block (512 bytes); anything larger than that is
risky. Oh, and it has to be 512-byte aligned.

File systems with overwrite semantics (UFS, QFS, etc.) will never guarantee
atomicity for more than a disk block, because that's the only guarantee from
the underlying disks.

File systems with copy-on-write semantics (WAFL, ZFS, etc.) can guarantee
atomicity for arbitrarily large writes, but will usually have some limits due
to the desire to limit the amount of data which is modified in one transaction.
For ZFS, writes to a single "ZFS block" will be atomic. I believe that a 128K
write which does not cross a 128K boundary will always be atomic if you have
not set a lower record size for the file system, but I haven't studied the code
in detail.