Jorg,

        Do you really think that ANY FS actually needs to support
        more FS objects? If that would be an issue, why not create
        more FSs?

        A multi-TB FS SHOULD support 100MB+/GB size FS objects, which
        IMO is the more common use. I have seen this alot in video
        environments. The largest that I have personally seen is in
        excess of 64TBs.

        I would assume that just normal FSops that search or display
        a extremely large number of FS objects is going to be
        difficult to use. Just try placing 10k+ FS objects/files within
        a directly and then list that directory.

        As for backups / restore type ops, I would assume that a
        smaller granularity of specified paths / directories would be
        more common due to user error and not disturbing other
        directories.

        Mitchell Erblich