Constantin Gonzalez wrote:
But at some point, zfs receive says "cannot receive: destination has been
modified since most recent snapshot". I am pretty sure nobody changed anything
at my destination filesystem and I also tried rolling back to an earlier
snapshot on the destination filesystem to make it clean again.

As Eric noted, you should use 'zfs recv -F' to do a rollback if necessary. Also, you could use dtrace to figure out when the modification occurred, and by whom. We are also working on 'zfs diffs' (RFE filed but id not handy), which would be able to tell you what was modified.

--matt