> Joubert Nel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I add an entire disk to a new pool by doing
> "zpool create", is this
> > reversible?
> >
> > I.e. if there was data on that disk (e.g. it was
> the sole disk in a zpool
> > in another system) can I get this back or is zpool
> create destructive?
>
> Short answer: you're stuffed, and no, it's not
> reversible.
>
> Long answer: see the short answer.

Darn!

> If the device was actually in use on another system,
> would expect that libdiskmgmt would have warned you
> about
> this when you ran "zpool create".

When I ran "zpool create", the pool got created without a warning.

What is strange, and maybe I'm naive here, is that there was no "formatting" of
this physical disk so I'm optimistic that the data is still recoverable from
it, even though the new pool shadows it.

Or is this way off mark?

Joubert