Bryna,

Your timing is excellent! We've been working on this for a while now and
hopefully within the next day I'll be adding support for separate log
devices into Nevada.

I'll send out more details soon...

Neil.

Bryan Wagoner wrote:
Quick question,

Are there any tunables, or is there any way to specify devices in a pool to use for the ZIL specifically? I've been thinking through architectures to mitigate performance problems on SAN and various other storage technologies where disabling ZIL or cache flushes has been necessary to make up for performance and was wondering if there would be a way to specify a specific device or set of devices for the ZIL to use separate of the data devices so I wouldn't have to disable it in those circumstances.
Thanks in advance!