Hi folks,

One of the things I'm really hanging out for is the ability to evacuate
the data from a zpool device onto the other devices and then remove the
device. Without mirroring it first etc. The zpool would of course shrink
in size according to how much space you just took away.

Our situation is we have a number of SE6140 arrays attached to a host
with a total of 35TB. Some arrays are owned by other projects but are on
loan for a while. I'd like to make one very large pool from the (maximum
2TB! wtf!) LUNs from the SE6140s and once our DBAs are done with the
workspace, remove the LUNs and free up the SE6140 arrays so their owners
can begin to use them.

At the moment once a device is in a zpool, it's stuck there. That's a
problem. What sort of time frame are we looking at until it's possible
to remove LUNs from zpools?

ta,
Mark.